Back To School Safety Tips [SPONSORED POST]
It’s that time of year, back to school time! And while it is exciting, we also want to make sure that back to school time is a safe time. So to keep everyone safe as they head back to class, we are offering some back to school safety tips.
According to the American Red Cross, parents should make sure that their kids know their phone number, address, how to dial 911 and how to get in touch with a parent or other trusted adult during the school/work day.
In addition to the old rule of never accepting rides from strangers, it’s also important for kids to only board the school bus they are assigned to and not another one.
- Always stay in clear view of the bus driver and never walk behind the bus.
- Cross the street at the corner, obeying traffic signals and staying in the crosswalk.
- Never dart out into the street, or cross between parked cars.
The National Safety Council also has some tips for drivers as school opens.
- Don’t block crosswalks
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks, and take extra care in school zones
- Never pass a vehicle stopped for pedestrians
- Never pass a bus loading or unloading children
- The area 10 feet around a school bus is the most dangerous for children; stop far enough back to allow them to safely enter and exit the bus
The back to school safety tips are powered by: