Contact Us
Community

Community - Page 2

Horse
Getty Images, photo by Lintao Zhang
[

Horse Doody Laws About To Change On OOB – Let’s Do The Same In Windsor

Yea yea, I know...horse caca is good fertilizer.  I get it.  However, unless you are putting it your garden...horse poop is, not only smelly, but unsightly as well.  I've seen several people complain on Facebook about the amount of 'droppings' along Route 17 in Windsor/Whitefield.

Read More

tablet21
[

Bunker Sales UP in Maine

I did not know we had a company in Maine that specialized in bunkers... but we do! Northeast Bunkers in Pittsfield is the place.

Read More

Category: Community, Local News
Job Growth Spurs Drop In Unemployment Rate To 4.7 Percent
Getty Images
[

Love Working With The Public? Want To Get Your Foot In The Door Of The Radio Biz? We Want To Talk To You!

92 Moose is looking for a few people to add to our street team.

Read More

Category: Community
iphone
[

Many Washington County Verizon Customers Will Have To Switch Carriers

According to the Bangor Daily News, 2,000 Verizon customers have received letters concerning their service. If they want to retain their phone numbers, they will have to switch to a competing wireless service by October 17th.

Read More

Category: Community, Local News, News
[

Top 5 First Dance Songs For Capital Listeners

Fall wedding season is here. Over the next few months, many will tie the knot in central Maine with peak, or near peak foliage as a backdrop...

Read More

2014 Open Hearts Foundation Gala
Angela Weiss
[

Welcome Dax Mills to the World! Congrats to Travis Mills and Family

Welcome to the world to Dax Mills.

Travis and Kelsey  have a baby boy and their daughter Chloe is a big sister.

Check the post from above from SSG Travis Mills Facebook page to see how he got his name...

Read More

Category: Community, Local News
Tanner 2
[

MISSING: Police, Family + Others Search For Missing Portland Man, Tanner Smith.

The following is an excerpt from his family:

Tanner Smith didn't come home on the night of Friday, 9/8. Last time we heard from him was at 3:30 pm on Friday, 9/8, after which he was going to drive from Unity, ME to Portland, ME where him and I live...

Read More

Party people at a frenetic pop concert
Party people at a frenetic pop concert
[

New Concert Venue Coming To Maine

According to Fox Bangor, Waterfront Concert promoter Alex Gray has purchased a building in Old Town that he plans to develop into a live music venue. The...

Read More

Tabby
[

UPDATE: Pittston Teenager Dies From Injuries Sustained In Crash -How You Can Help The Family

UPDATE: Tabytha Hembree, 16, of Pittston, has died from injuries she received in a car crash yesterday (Aug. 31).

According to CentralMaine.com, Hembree, who was a junior at Gardiner Area High School, died after being taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland by Lifefight.

All athletic events at Gardiner Area High School have been cancelled for today (Sept. 1) and there is a candlelight vigil scheduled for 7PM at the high school soccer field. Additionally, the report said that the high school will be open from 10AM to 2PM on Saturday, Sept. 2 where councilors will be available to help students cope with the tragic news.

Read below to find how to help the family.

Read More

21175381_10209941811597539_348426530_n
[

Staples Lewiston Doing Something AWESOME for the Lewiston + Auburn School Departments

When you walk into the Staples on Lisbon Street in Lewiston there are a couple donation boxes. One is for the Lewiston High School and Auburn School Department.

Read More

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://capital959.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Capital Rock Stars quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!