8 Things Renee Nelson is Pissy About in Regards to the Coronavirus
- I am worried about some more vulnerable family members. My aunt lives in a retirement community in Maine where there is coronavirus…my aunt is in her mid 90’s. My mom, who is in her 80’s, lives in a retirement community in central Pennsylvania and from I know so far so good. A friend of mine in the Augusta area is in his 50’s, immuno-compromised and a diabetic. He received home healthcare so he is able to stay out of the hospital for now for ongoing wound treatment. (THANK YOU HOME HEALTH CARE WORKERS)
- We all need to how the coronavirus presents its self and how it is different from a cold or flu. BUT every cough, every ache, ever sneeze…every little thing goes through my brain to….what if?
- I feel a bit like a hoarder. Now I am all for being prepared but I went out and did grocery shopping for a few weeks, bought another backup bag of dog food, bought a bigger allotment of paper towels and toilet paper than I would normally, hand and dish soap and an extra bottle of aspirin and some allergy meds. I, like everyone, was feeling my world is out of control and know I would need these things at some point. In reality, I did not go overboard, but I don’t have a ton of storage space so the extra stuff is annoying me.
- I have all I need to work at home. 100%. Thank you Townsquare Media. I just don’t want to work at home. I like the ritual of getting up and going to work. I like seeing my co-workers and work-family…even if I have a bad day at work, I had it at work AND then I get to go home! I have all this extra stuff in my house. My kitchen is just not big enough for this!
- My mother’s retirement investments. My retirement account. I know I am so blessed to even have some retirement savings. She is blessed to have her assets. But this economic nosedive is really going to impact her savings and finances.
- It has only been a short time but doing my job in my kitchen is just going to lead to absent-minded eating. Good thing I don’t buy cookies to keep in my house.
- I am just freaking lonely. I guess I rely on my work family more than I realize. I am naturally an introvert, I have no family in Augusta and my best friends live out of state.
- I am kinda scared. Not freaking out, hiding in a corner crying scared but all this is troubling. When will life get back to normal? Will we just have a new normal?
BONUS PISSY POINT: Now all my appointments for an eye check-up and dental check-up and some other appointments are postponed. It was all so perfectly worked out. AND it will work out again...but...ya.
BONUS PISSY POINT 2: Turns out my neice's' husband has the coronavirus. He is young and healthy and should be fine. But she is now out of work as a nurse so she can't work and her community is down one heath care provider. They live in the mid-west so it is not a local case but...ya.