Family Fun – PYO Apples – Where to go
With the cool crisp air brings apple season. And if you are looking to get outside, get some fresh air, and find something family friendly that is also Covid-19 friendly....apple picking is a great & delicious thing to do.
Here are apple harvest estimates for Maine.
|Apple||Estimated Start||Estimated End|
|McIntosh||Early September||October 5th|
|Cortland||September 15th||October 15th|
|Ginger Gold||Late August||September 15th|
|Red Delicious||October 10th||October 20th|
|Golden Delicious||October 15th||October 20th|
|Jona Gold||October 10th||October 20th|
|Empire||October 10th||October 20th|
|Gala||September 15th||October 15th|
|Honey Crisp||September 15th||October 10th|
Ready to head out now? Here are a few pick your own apple orchards around Central and Mid-coast Maine that would love to see you.
- Boothby's Orchard and Farm - Uses natural growing practices, apples, Cider mill (fresh apple cider made on the premises), U-pick and already picked
366 Boothby Road, Livermore, ME 04253. Phone: 207-754-3500.
- Gagnon Family Orchard - apples, Cider mill (fresh apple cider made on the premises), 75 Saunders Road, Greene, ME 04236. Phone: 207-576-0541.
- Ricker Hill Orchards - ORGANIC, apples
Rte 117, Turner, ME. Phone: 207-225-3455 Toll free: 877-501-3640. Open: 9 am to 6 pm daily.
- Chicks Apple and Berry Farm - apples
571 Maine Street, Monmouth, ME 04259. Phone: (207) 441-6250.
- Kents Hill Orchard - Apples and pears
1625 Main Street, Kents Hill, ME. Phone: 207-685-3522. You pick or we pick - 10 varieties available as they mature.
- Lakeside Orchards and Farm Market - apples,
318 Readfield Rd, Manchester, ME 04531. Phone number: 207-622-2479.
- Lemieux's Orchard - apples,
Priest Hill Road, North Vassalboro, ME. Phone: 207-923-3518.
- Mt Nebo Orchards by Pine Bluff Farms - apples,
339 Wings Mill Road, Mount Vernon, ME 04352. Phone: 207-242-8763.
- Whit's Apples - apples
Case Road, Winthrop, ME. Phone: 207-395-4436.
- Hardy Farms Apple Orchard - Pick your own apples
Church Street, Hope, ME. Phone: 207-763-3262.
- Beths Farm Market, apples
1986 Western Rd, Warren, ME 04864. Phone: (207) 273-3695.
- Hope Orchards - apples, Cider mill (fresh apple cider made on the premises), U-pick and already picked, 434 Camden Road, Hope, ME 04847. Phone: (207) 763-2824.
- School House Farm - Apples
171 Atlantic Highway (RT1), Warren, ME, 04864. Phone: 207-273-2440.
- Bailey's Orchard - Apples
North Hunts Meadow Road, 2 miles off Rte 17, Whitefield, ME. Phone: 207-549-7680.
- Biscay Orchards - Apples,
650 Biscay Road, Damariscotta, ME 04543. Phone: (207) 563-3026.
- County Fair Farm - apples
Route 32, Jefferson, ME. Phone: 207-549-3536.
If there are some orchards that you know about that I missed, let me know.
Happy picking...and eating!
KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America