Maine Dogs Being Honored – Humane Hero Dog Awards
In case you haven't heard, every animal-lover’s favorite event of the year, the American Humane Hero Dog Awards, is just about here! This year is extra special, first and foremost, it is the 10th anniversary celebration of the Humane Hero Dog Awards, 2nd we don't have to miss a moment of this two hour extravaganza as the Hallmark Channel will be broadcasting it Monday, October 19th at 8pm. Put it on your calendar.
If you are not familiar with this touching celebration, it features heroes on both ends of the leash, and honors outstanding working dogs from around the country, including TWO dogs from Maine this year! Aura, a black lab, is from Brunswick, and has won the "Hero Hearing Dog of the Year". Then there is Dolly Pawton, also a black lab, is from Naples and has won "Hero Service Dog of the Year.
The show this year will honor all seven courageous canines whose work has improved and saved lives over the pas twelve months, and lets cheer on our Maine finalists because one out of the seven will be honored with the country’s top “American Hero Dog” title for 2020.
Keep in mind this was no easy feat.....the winners were chosen out of over 408 original entrants. For the final winner, one lucky dog from the final seven was determined on the basis of more than one million votes by the American public and also the deliberations of a panel of celebrity judges.
This year’s seven canine category winners are:
- HERO LAW ENFORCEMENT DOG OF THE YEAR: “K-9 Cody” from Newport News, VA
- HERO SHELTER DOG OF THE YEAR: “MacKenzie” from Hilton, NY
- HERO HEARING DOG OF THE YEAR: “Aura” from Brunswick, ME
- HERO MILITARY DOG OF THE YEAR: “Blue” from Lawrenceville, GA
- HERO SEARCH AND RESCUE DOG OF THE YEAR: “Remington” from Montgomery, TX
- HERO SERVICE DOG OF THE YEAR: “Dolly Pawton” from Naples, ME
- HERO THERAPY DOG OF THE YEAR: “Olive” from Jefferson City, MO
CLICK HERE to learn more about this great event, ways that you can help, and of course so many great "Hero" past years and present.