The Better Business Bureau Says to Watch Out For Super Bowl Scams
The Better Business Bureau has sent out a heads up about Super Bowl related scams. Thieves are collecting money head over fist from passionate fans.
- If you're looking for real, licensed sportswear go to the NFL website or to bbb.org to find an accredited store that sells legit team or Super Bowl LLI merchandise.
- Buy tickets only from secure sites that have a padlock on the page and that have web addresses that start with https.
- If it seems sketchy, then it is sketchy. If the seller won't give you contact info or let you know where they are located, back out of the deal.
- Never buy a ticket or memorabilia with a cashier's check, with cash or by wiring money. Always use a credit card, it could provide you with some buyer protection in case things go south.
- Have the seller send you a tic pic. That's tic pic with a "t". Make sure that it's the correct venue, date and look up the seats.